Agriculture and Natural Resources
The Chesterfield County Office of Virginia Cooperative Extension is proud to serve our residents with numerous lawn and garden programs and services.
- Not sure when to fertilize your lawn? Grass Roots will help you learn how to address soil deficiencies and other problems so you can have a lush green, environmentally-sound lawn
- Want to learn more about your landscape? The Learn Your Landscape program can help. A Master Gardener volunteer will visit your yard to evaluate your growing conditions, plant placement and more.
- Want to take a class? We offer many lawn and landscape seminars throughout the year - from herb gardens to rain barrels - they're all here!
- Want to grow vegetables and don't know where to start? We can help!The Master Gardener Help Desk is manned most weekdays March through October. Master Gardener volunteers are here to answer any lawn, landscape or garden questions you may have.
- Have a sick plant? An insect you can't identify? You can submit a sample to our office for diagnosis.
To learn more, check out the links at right.
Agricultural opportunities abound in Chesterfield County for consumers and growers alike.
- Pick-Your-Own Farms for berries and pumpkins
- Vendors of Virginia Grown Christmas trees and more
- Farmers Markets
- And much more!
To learn more, check out the Agriculture link at right.
- Don't Just Landscape...Landscape for Life!
- Learn Your Landscape program registration for 2013 has reached capacity
- Be Waterwise
- Grass Roots Personalized Lawn Care Recommendations
- Learn with Us at Lawn and Landscape Seminars
- How to Ask a Question or Submit a Plant Sample
- Join us for Bumblebee Jamboree!
- Find it Fresh at Farmers Markets
- Tips for Living with Wildlife in Chesterfield County
- Need help with a tree?
- How You Can Keep our Lakes Clean
- Great Plants at the Chesterfield Arboretum
- Track Pest Development with Growing Degree Days
- Become a Master Gardener Volunteer
- Agriculture in Chesterfield County
- Lawn and Garden Links